The Shashamane Settlement Community Development Foundation was established in Washington, DC in 1998 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
Purpose and Goals:
- To promote awareness of and organize developmental support for the Shashamane Settler Community and similar charitable causes throughout the world.
- To foster better local, regional, national, and international relations through the promotion of trade, sports, and cultural linkages.
- To support and contribute to U.S. based Ethiopian and other charities whose objectives are in harmony with the Foundation's goals.
- To establish and facilitate communications networks with the Settler community, particularly the youth.
- To develop methods of establishing self-help, self-sufficiency, and community enrichment programs for the Shashamane community.